Transport System of Russian Megapolis: Exploring Current State and Future Perspectives
A beautiful venture in Saint Petersburg gives you a chance to explore the city, know about its transport infrastructure and current technologies!
Experience challenges and modern solutions for megapolis transport system, infrastructure and technologies. You will be able to visit the largest transport enterprises and objects in Saint Petersburg, know about current traffic and transportation technologies in Russia and visit unique technical sites.
The Faculty of Automobile and Road-Building
Faculty of automobile and road-building has a long history since 1905. Training of specialists in road building has been considered of great importance since the period of School of civil engineers.
Today the Faculty offers a wide range of study programs in the sphere of technological transport processes, machines and complexes as well applied courses needed for training future transport engineers.
You will have a great time with our professional team both developing your skills and professional competences and discovering all the amazing things that Saint Petersburg has to offer.
Program updates are available in autumn 2022
Assistance on all the steps on your way to us
- We will prepare the visa invitation for you.
- We will assist you in finding accommodation options and take care of your registration in Saint Petersburg.
- We will be in touch and help you to settle in Saint Petersburg.
Certificate for 4 ECTS
On completion the course you will have a certificate for 4 ECTS.
Who can apply
Bachelor, Master and PhD students in the field of architecture and engineering
✔ Find out more about transport system in the historical center of Saint Petersburg
✔ Visit the key transport plants and companies
✔ Study technologies for road construction and passenger transport organization
✔ Enrich your knowledge about city logistics and urban transport
✔ Meet professionals and study effective transport management tools
✔ Experience the city rhythm and historic surroundings of Saint Petersburg
What do we offer our summer school participants?
- Take part in preparing the road surface sample
- Evaluate the quality of Russian cars assembling
- Learn in practice the full cycle of work on ensuring the technical availability of urban transport rolling stock
- Visit the unique premium-class passenger car dealership with underground production facilities
- Explore the electric car service and innovative freight car service
- Evaluate the quality functioning and management system for city express lines
- Take a tour about the advanced production of mass-produced electric passenger transport
- Get a unique opportunity to drive a sports car along a race track or become a passenger of a “racing taxi” with a professional driver
Academic load, duration and tution fee
- 72 academic hours per 2 weeks
- Tuition fee: 400 euro
Tuition Fee includes the visa invitation; tuition; tutorial materials and transfers to transportation plants and companies (accommodation is NOT included).
- No visa is required (CIS citizens)/the applicant has Russian visa – coming later
- European Union citizens – coming later
- Russian visa is required – coming later
Making your stay in Saint Petersburg comfortable we make our best to assure you feel at home in Saint Petersburg that’s why we offer a great range of different student accommodation options.
Apply for our program on our website and join our international students’ community!
Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering 8, 2-ya Krasnoarmeiskaya Str., 190005, Saint Petersburg
Summer school manager
Natalia Chernykh, Teaching Assistant, the Department of Transport Systems SPbGASU
Visa support and accommodation questions:
International Relations Office
Contact me if you have any questions
Apply now for summer 2023
Click here to download the doc version of the enrollment